The primary objective of Jackson County Employee Wellness Program is to offer education, support, and resources in a fun and relaxed atmosphere so that employees may obtain and maintain a healthier, more productive lifestyle that benefits themselves, their families and their community.
In partnership with the Jackson County Department of Public Health, Harris Regional Hospital, and Mountain Wise, Jackson County employees will compete with Jackson County Public School teams/employees and have the opportunity to participate in Elevate, a six-month virtual wellness program that will run October 5th through March 31st. Participants will earn points through:
• Completion of pre, mid, and post surveys
• Participation in monthly challenges (2 available each month)
• Participation in Move Around Jackson County (a physical activity challenge)
• Completion of specific preventative health screenings
1. Watch the Elevate Registration Video
2. Complete the Elevate Screening Survey/Registration and provide a regularly checked email when you register.
3. Watch the Run Sign-Up video (Move Around Jackson County Challenge - the physical activity portion of Elevate) which contains a tutorial on how to register.
4. Register for the Move Around Jackson County Challenge at Run Sign-Up and select the Jackson County team you will join (based on your department’s central location). You will receive a confirmation email of your registration.
5. Check your email - You will receive an email and temporary password if you have never registered for Challenge Runner. It may take up to three (3) days for you to receive the email from Challenge Runner.
If you have previously setup on an account in Challenge Runner, sign in at this link https://www.challengerunner.com/login
You will receive points in Challenge Runner for every milestone you complete participating in the Move Around Jackson County Challenge.
6. If you are unable to participate virtually, please contact Janelle Messer for assistance at 828-586-8994 or email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Stress Management Challenges Nutrition Challenges
Participation in Elevate does not guarantee or imply that any team or individual is entitled to receive a financial incentive or reward.
Due to COVID-19 the Jackson County Board of Commissioners approved a temporary suspension of the mandatory substance testing requirement of the Health Insurance Policy for Users of Tobacco Products until the Administration and the Director of the Jackson County Department of Public Health determine when it will once again be safe to resume testing.
The class normally offered to those that certify or test positive for tobacco is now available as a resource for employees to view online: Virtual Tobacco Cessation Education Class for 2020.
Additionally, employees may always make an appointment for Employee Health (828-586-8994) if they wish to speak with a provider (either in person or via telemedicine) regarding assistance with cessation (which could include medication).
Janelle Messer, Health Education Supervisor, and creator of the online class would also like to share with you the following information:
Virtual Tobacco Cessation Group Program
The Office of Cancer Health Equity have transitioned their Tobacco Cessation Group Program to a virtual program! The program is free of charge. It is a six week evidence-based program that includes information and discussions themed to subjects such as cravings and triggers, NRT, stress management, nutrition, and more. It is open to any tobacco users, regardless of which type of tobacco they use. They will be surrounded by others also seeking support to quit. Participants will receive free twelve weeks of combination NRT (patches AND lozenges or gum). Participants are encouraged to bring a guest along for support. If interested, a completed interest form is required to reach out to you with additional program details about eligibility and upcoming programs. Please follow this link to reach the interest form:
Location: at home using Virtual Video Chat software (Zoom)
Dates/Times:TBD (To be determined)
For any additional questions/concerns contact:
Aeriel Diaz, Tobacco Treatment Specialist
Phone: (336) 716-8246
Contact Information for Employee Wellness